Pages

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

Hey lovelies! I hope y'all are having an amazing new year! I thought my first post of the new year should talk about some new years resolutions. This year I decided to make some resolutions that I will hopefully be able to keep! My resolutions are also a little different than the basics like lose weight, or eat more salad etc. The resolutions I made this year are to help make myself a happier, better version of myself! So here's my list!

1. Be more body confident- as girls we all struggle with how we look, whether its not being slim enough or not having curves.  I know I have been hard of my self about it in the past but the time has come where I am tired of being upset about how I look and think it is time to be happy with how I am. I think as girls we put so much pressure on ourselves on how we look and striving for a perfect body but I think if you just try accepting your body for how it is you will be a lot happier and feel less stress about fitting an unreal ideal.

2. Learn something new- I love learning new things, whether it be painting, ice skating, or learning Italian, I get bored doing the same thing day after day so I love trying new things! I thinks its also really neat to learn new skills, especially if it is a really unique skill not many people are able to do such as crocheting or jam making!

3. Have more fun/be happier!- this year I am making another one of my resolutions is to have more fun with whatever I am doing at that time. Even if it is not a necessarily fun thing I'm doing. I have recently noticed a lot of people being more pessimistic in life and I think being happy and having fun is contagious, so try being happy and I think people around you will be happier too! So we should all try to spread some happiness and fun!

4. Compliment people more- these days you don't hear people complimenting each other as much as you hear people being negative towards each other and I think that if you take the time to just be nice to even one person each day or even every week it will not only make the other person feel better but you will also feel happier knowing what you did, you don't even have to say anything just a simple smile can do wonders!

These are some of my resolutions! I am debating making this into a series and blogging about completing these, so let me know if y'all would like that. Leave some of your resolutions in the comments below! I hope you all have an amazing 2014!
Xoxo,
Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment